As you know, our husband and father, Robert (Bob) Levinson, disappeared on March 8, 2007 on Kish Island, Iran. It has now been over seven months since we have had any contact with him. We have no more information about where and how he is since March 9th. The nightmare is continuing for our family and everyone who loves Bob.
We are still looking for help and would welcome any information or suggestions. We will do anything necessary to bring Bob home. Below is a summary of what we know as of now:
- Bob Levinson left Dubai, United Arab Emirates at 10:45 am, Thursday, March 8, 2007, on Kish Air Flight Y97141. He was confirmed on the flight manifest. He checked into the Hotel Maryam on Kish Island that same day.
- Bob met with Dawud Salahuddin while on Kish. Mr. Salahuddin has told us that they met to talk about cigarette smuggling, a matter Bob was pursuing on behalf of a private client. Mr. Salahuddin also has said to us and others, including members of the press, that while they were at the hotel he was picked up by local authorities who wished to check his papers. According to Mr. Salahuddin, when he returned to the Hotel Maryam hours later, Bob was gone.
- On September 5th, Iranian officials advised members of the Swiss government making inquiries on our behalf that Bob was last seen leaving the Hotel Maryam in a taxi on March 9th, but they could not say where he was headed.
- There is no evidence that Bob ever left Iran. His passport has not been recorded in any other country, and no one has seen him. Because of this, we believe the Iranian government has the power to help us find him and bring him home.
- Christine Levinson, Bob’s wife, has asked for any other information the Iranian authorities have regarding Bob, including what they have done to find him. We hope they will provide us with any information as soon as possible so we can find out what happened to Bob and possibly assist the Iranians in finding him so he can come home.
- During the recent opening ceremony of the UN General Assembly session, Christine and other members of the Levinson family spent several days in New York City seeking a meeting with the Iranian President. Unfortunately, that request was denied because of President Ahmadinejad’s full schedule. Prior to President Ahmadinejad’s arrival, the Iranian Ambassador in New York agreed to meet with Christine a few weeks later. She hopes that meeting will happen soon.
- We also undertook an email campaign, reaching out to the member countries of the UN General Assembly and asking them for help. Thousands of our friends and family members sent emails on Bob’s behalf, and we know these emails were received because several Missions’ web sites were impacted by the high volume. In addition, eldest son Daniel Levinson personally delivered letters to the UN Missions of several countries asking for any assistance they might give us.
- Christine and Daniel Levinson are planning to travel to Iran. They have received verbal confirmation from the Iranian Mission at the UN that their visas have been approved and are now awaiting the paperwork they will need for their trip. They hope to speak to high-ranking officials in Iran who can help them. We see this trip as our best opportunity to bring Bob home.
Once again we want to thank all of our friends and family who have been praying for Bob’s safe return home. You have helped us stay strong these past seven months. We also want to extend a thank you to those of you that we may not know personally, but have supported us through this ordeal.
We appreciate any information or suggestions you have on what we can do to find Bob and bring him home. We want everyone to know that we are not resting. Each day we try to do all that we can to get him home. We love and miss him more than words can say.
The Levinson Family